Following two years of academic research into assessment and reporting practices in primary schools, Classroom Monitor was born out of research at The Nottingham Trent University.
The research was inspired by a headteacher from Northants and formed the basis for Classroom Monitor.
A fresh and dynamic company, our aim is to create teacher friendly software. We work closely with local schools to ensure we meet this key criterion. Since launch we have received a number of awards:
- 2010/11 – Finalist - The BETT Awards - ICT Service and Support Category
- 2010 – Winner - Nottinghamshire Small Business of the Year 2010 - The Nottingham Post Awards
- 2009 – Runner Up - Nottinghamshire Small Business of the Year 2009 - Nottinghamshire Evening Post Awards
- 2007 – 'Britain's Digital Elite' Finalists - Sponsored by Microsoft and Real Business Magasine
- 2007 – Nottinghamshire Small Business of the Year 2007 - Nottinghamshire Evening Post Awards
- 2007 – Winners of the EMDA 'Anubis' award for technical innovation in the East Midlands.
- 2006 – National finalists (reached top 10 of 650 entries) in the HSBC / Daily Express 'Start Up Stars' business awards
- 2005 – Reached the final of the www.startups.co.uk National awards - ‘Micro business of the Year’ category.
- 2006 – Regional winners (midlands) of the HSBC Start Up Stars Award.
- 2004 – Nottingham City Council ICT challenge award
- 2003 – a SMART award from the DTI for innovation
- 2002 – an award from Experian for commercial innovation