A whole school solution...
We know what working in Primary schools is like, we know that your time is precious and you would rather be spending it with the children so we've created a short overview of the many features included in Classroom Monitor.
- Intuitive teacher markbook for ongoing assessment with assessment criteria inbuilt from: National Curriculum, APP (Assessing Pupil Progress), EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage), P-Scales.
- Completely customisable: we can build in any other assessment criteria your school uses; be it assessment curriculum, frameworks or for recording behaviour, effort or any other criteria.
- Simple traffic light process to record assessment: reducing teacher workload and easy for even the most IT shy teacher to get to grips with.
- Record any summative assessment data including levels, reading ages & standardised scores.
- Assessment for Learning: instantly share pupil targets, resources and evidence of assessment with pupils.
- E-Portfolio: unlimited space for storing evidence of assessment, examples of work and pupil achievement. This can include: photos, videos, sound recordings, web links, documents and can be shared with parents online.
- Supporting lesson planning and learning: APP assessment criteria in Classroom Monitor markbooks are mapped to free web resources and activities, significantly reducing teacher planning workload, and driving the use of high quality and free content to support learning in the school.
- Audit trail: all assessment is dated, named and stored automatically providing an accurate audit trail.
- Whole school tracking: as each teacher records their ongoing or summative assessment, it can be instantly analysed by graph, in MS Excel or in MS Word. For a more comprehensive list of analysis please click here.
- Reporting to parents: paper-based: linked directly from the markbooks, teachers can add notes, comments and objectives either by hand or by adding in comments directly from a statement bank. At the end of the year, reports are generated into your personal MS Word template for final proof checking before printing and sending home. Our customers report that they can cut 50% of their report workload while ensuring that reports are highly personal and individual to each child.
- Online reporting to parents: Alongside the report comments created as above, our online portal allows a school to inspire parents and involve them in their child’s learning by sharing pupil achievements online (photos, videos, examples of work etc), sharing current classroom targets, grades and linking to free resources and activities to support learning at home. All this without adding to teacher workload.