Uniform classroom assessment...
We know what working in Secondary schools is like, we know that your time is precious and you would rather be spending it with your students so we've created a short overview of the many features included in Classroom Monitor.
- Intuitive markbook to create a consistent approach to ongoing assessment: Inbuilt at KS3 with the National Curriculum, APP and P-Scales. At KS4 we create customised markbooks around your course and assessment requirements.
- One system from KS3 - KS5: Classroom Monitor will rationalise your ongoing classroom assessment across your school. Departments, subjects and year groups will use the same intuitive approach to assessment so data can be shared, transition is a doddle and you have a wealth of teaching data at your fingertips..
-Assessment which drives teaching and learning: assessment should not be just about number crunching and data analysis. Classroom Monitor provides the formative assessment data for every teacher to help support them in their teaching and learning (in line with the new Ofsted framework) and to drive forward progress and put in place strategies for every student's individual needs.
- Assessment for Learning: the markbook allows every teacher to instantly share student targets, resources and evidence of assessment with students and parents. Finally, manageable personalised learning and assessment is at your fingertips.
- E-Portfolio: unlimited space for storing evidence of assessment, examples of work and pupil achievement. This can include: photos, videos, sound recordings, web links, documents and can be shared with parents online.
- Supporting lesson planning and learning: APP assessment criteria in Classroom Monitor markbooks are mapped to free web resources and activities, significantly reducing teacher planning workload, and driving the use of high quality and free content to support learning in the school.
- Audit trail: all assessment is dated, named and stored automatically providing an accurate audit trail.
- Whole school tracking: as each teacher records their ongoing or summative assessment, it can be instantly analysed by graph, in MS Excel or in MS Word. For a more comprehensive list of analysis please click here.
- Truly engaging online portal for parents: Alongside traditional paper reports, our online portal allows a school to inspire parents and involve them in their child’s learning by sharing pupil achievements online (photos, videos, examples of work etc), sharing current classroom targets, grades and linking to free resources and activities to support learning at home. All this without adding to teacher workload.
- Reporting to parents: paper-based: linked directly from the markbooks, teachers can add notes, comments and objectives either by hand or by adding in comments directly from a statement bank. At the end of the year, reports are generated into your personal MS Word template for final proof checking before printing and sending home. Our customers report that they can cut 50% of their report workload while ensuring that reports are highly personal and individual to each student.
-Integration: Every secondary school is setup differently. Different MIS, VLE and IT systems in place. We synchronise student, class, teacher and attendance data with every MIS system automatically so class groups and data is always kept up to date. We'll work with you to integrate Classroom Monitor into systems across the school to allow seamless and easy use for every teacher.