Classroom Monitor can be accessed through any of the 4 most popular web browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome. It can be used on both PC and Mac without installing any software.
We are continually working on new features and pride ourselves on our support. All teachers have access to our helpdesk by phone on 0844 5555211, email or online chat facility. Our helpdesk is open 8am to 6pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 5pm Fridays. We also have an emergency support service in place for calls outside of these hours. Teachers are kept up to date with new features, tips and training via our half-termly newsletter.
Getting Started, Historical Data Import and Customisation - how long does this take?
Your transition to Classroom Monitor should be seamless. To ensure the Classroom Monitor service fully meets your school's needs our team offer the following services:
When setting up Classroom Monitor it is normally possible to link to your school's MIS system using our MIS synchronisation tool. This tool automates the process of setting up Classroom Monitor and keeps CM up to date with pupils, classes, teachers, parents and attendance data. In some cases it is not possible to set this up, however, it is always possible to setup Classroom Monitor using either CTF or CSV files.
- • Schools using Capita SIMS or Serco Facility (CMIS) - it will take one week to complete the installation of the MIS Sync. If for any reason we identify any technical issues that may threaten the 1 week SIMS/CMIS turnaround, we will request a CTF to be imported
- • Schools using G2 and E1 - installs can take up to 4 weeks for installation as we require the co-operation of RM (G2) and Pearson (E1). As a fallback we will request that you setup Classroom Monitor using a CTF file until the install is completed.
- • In the case that your Local Authority hosts SIMS, it is unlikely that we will be able to install the MIS Sync tool. We will ask that you setup Classroom Monitor using a CTF file.
- • For schools that don’t have an MIS which is capable of exporting a CTF file, we provide a service to import pupil and class data from CSV files. For this it takes us 5 days turnaround to complete the task.
• Unfortunately at this time, schools using the G2 service do not automatically transmit ethnicity or FSM (Free School Meals).
Importing your schools historical and current assessment data
This chargeable service involves importing assessment data from Excel. This is normally exported from your school's MIS system and must contain UPNs. This task will be complete within 4 weeks of receipt of your school's data.
Curriculum customisation is a chargeable service provided to schools on an ad-hoc basis. After your initial consultation with us, we aim to provide a quote and an estimated completion date within 72hrs.