Formative assessment is fast, easy and routine with our online markbooks. They map to your school's curriculum and suit any classroom. Record it, track it and share it in just a few clicks!
Record your formative assessment
- Any time – record learning as it happens in the classroom, or when it suits you
- Any way – use on your desk computer, tablet or mobile phone app
- Anywhere – it’s online and always with you
- All your data – save time with one click assessment and target setting
- All your evidence – record photos, video, audio and notes
“Classroom Monitor has drastically reduced teacher workload and assessment time. It easily records assessment at the point of learning, there and then.”
Plan lessons that boost achievement
- Always see the gaps – simple traffic light system highlights progress
- Motivate pupils – share next steps and how to get there
- Make successful interventions – match lessons and activities to every need
- Cover the curriculum – see which topics need more attention or resources
- Raise standards together – moderate and share learning resources across the school
Share your assessments
Our Assessment Summary Reports are perfect for showing progress without levels, changing the conversations you have with pupils, parents and all members of your school community.
Top ten tips for making formative assessment easy! See our handy guide.
Classroom Monitor is fully flexible to your school’s curriculum and how it’s assessed. You can customise it to your school’s own criteria, or choose from a wide range of popular presets. See the full list here.
‘The simple colour coding system is easy to interpret, demonstrating the progress children are making and allowing targets to be highlighted’ – Vicki Hughes, Yarm Primary, an Ofsted Outstanding school
’We use the system to record all our assessments, to plan our lessons and to attach all evidence of the children’s progress’ – Carolyn White, Walton-on-Trent Nursery & Primary, Derbyshire